Funded Research Projects
- On different shuffles of 132-avoiding permutations, UPLB Basic Research Grant, Prof. Ariel L. Babierra (Project Leader), P70,000, April 1, 2011 – March 31, 2012
- Electrostatic self-assembly of composite multilayer films of polyelectrolyte and inorganic nanoparticles, UPLB Basic Research Grant, Prof. Lou Serafin M. Lozada (Project Leader), P150,000, April 1, 2011 – March 31, 2012
- Radial and axial segregation of binary mixture of granular materials inside a rotating horizontal cylinder, UPLB Basic Research Grant, Prof. Junius Andre F. Balista (Project Leader), P102,000, April 1, 2011 – March 31, 2012
- Approximate Controllability of a Parabolic Problem with an Imperfect Interface, UPLB Basic Research Program, Dr. Editha C. Jose (Project Leader), P80,000, June 1, 2010 – May 31, 2011
- Kinetic Monte Carlo Simulations of One Dimensional Nanowires Grown from Co-deposition of In and Sn Metals on Si(100)-2x1, UPLB Basic Research Program, Dr. Marvin A. Albao (Project Leader), P80,000, March 16, 2009 – March 15, 2010
- Fabrication of Polyaniline Nanofiber via Electrospinning for the Development of Carbon Monoxide Sensor, DOST-PCASTRD Research Fellowship Program, Prof. Marvin U. Herrera (Project Leader), P500,000, February 1, 2009 – January 31, 2010
- Room-temperature deposition of group III metals on Si(100): A Comparative Study of Nucleation Behavior, UP System Creative and Research Grant, Dr. Marvin A. Albao (Project Leader), P178,955, February 1, 2009 – October 31, 2009
- Convolutional Code Constructions from Block Codes over the Galois Ring GR(p^r,m), UPLB Basic Research Program, Prof. Bernice Ruth P. Cerezo (Project Leader), P40,000, March 1, 2008 - February 28, 2009
- Fissioned Triangular Schemes and Homogeneous Factorizations of the Johnson Graphs JG(q+1,2) for q ? 1 mod 4, UPLB Basic Research Program, Dr. Ma. Cristeta N. Cuaresma (Project Leader), P47,000, March 1, 2008 - February 28, 2009
- The Effect of Using Filipino as the Primary Medium of Instruction on the Performance of Physics Students, UPLB Basic Research Program, Prof. Rosemarie D. Eusebio (Project Leader), P80,000, November 15, 2007 - November 14, 2008
- Study on the Formation of Bi2Sr2Ca2Cu3Ox (Bi-2223) from Partial Melting of Bi2Sr2CaCu2Ox (Bi-2212), UPLB Basic Research Program, Prof. Marvin U. Herrera (Project Leader), P90,000, June 1, 2007 – May 31, 2008
- Homogeneous Distance Bounds for Linear Codes over Finite Frobenius Rings, UPLB Basic Research Program, Dr. Virgilio P. Sison (Project Leader), P44,735, July 1, 2006 – June 30, 2007
Other Institutional Development Projects
- Development of the Materials Physics Laboratory in UPLB, DOST-PCASTRD Institutional Development Program, Prof. Marvin U. Herrera (Project Leader), August 2008 - July 2009.
The project, with a budget of P5,000,000, aimed to upgrade and develop the instructional and research capabilities of the materials physics laboratory through the acquisition of equipment and facilities for the fabrication of organic and inorganic advanced materials such as conducting polymers and advanced ceramics. The project also included the building of dry and wet fabrication stations and a characterization laboratory.
The materials physics laboratory has engaged in various researches on the synthesis and characterization of different advanced materials such as conducting polymers, ferroelectric materials, varistor, biomaterials and superconductors. Recently it has initiated work on nanofiber fabrications of polymeric materials. The project hopes to boost the publication of high potential technologies and researches in nanotechnology and materials physics.
- Upgrading the Modern Physics Laboratory, UP System Laboratory Modernization Fund, Prof. Nelio C. Altoveros (Project Leader), July 15, 2009 – July 14, 2010.
The project, with a budget of P1,010,060, acquired new instruments for the modern physics laboratory (such as radioactive decay, quantum particle in a box, electron diffraction, DC power supply and digital training board). The upgrading is needed to improve the instructional and research activities in physics.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 08 November 2011 18:02